Making plans for the 2020 season
Even if you have the talent
So as not to disturb, to upset,
Not to destroy, but to build,
To increase, to double and triple, -
You need a very precise plan.
This was the song of the main character of the great audio fairy-tale "Alice in Wonderland" with the music by Vladimir Vysotsky. And as we follow her advice, we have made a list of all the events by the Russian Association of Business Travel (ABT-ACTE Russia), so that you could put them down in your diaries and know in advance, where and when in 2020 you can get knowledge on business travel and MICE, find new partners and share the latest news with your old friends and colleagues.
- Already on January 30, ABT-ACTE Russia together with International SOS will hold an open webinar “2020 Risk Overview”. Regional safety manager Timur Baiguzhinov and Irina Kuzina, doctor, deputy medical director of International SOS, Russia and CIS will announce the results of the global and the all- Russian polls on business travel risks, speak about risks business travellers may come across in 2020, and also give practical advice on how to avoid them. Follow the link to register on the page of the event.
- In a few weeks the new season of the first Russian business travel school “Travel management PRO” will start. This time we will hold our classes in a new format - two full days, February 18 and 19, from 09:30 till 18:30. Participants from other cities are offered special accommodation rates in Mercure Arbat Moscow, where lectures and seminars of the course will be held. If you have questions about participation, write to email@example.com or contact our educational programs director Uchaikina Svetlana at +7 985 764 0597.
- In the beginning of spring you will find us at MITT - experts of the association will again be moderators of the thematic MITT MICE conference that will be held in the Grand Arena of Pavilion 1 of Crocus Expo on March 19. Our experts will speak about trends that shape industry development and make short presentations of the most successful MICE projects. Come earlier - last year there were more participants than seats in the hall. But this year we promise you to get more chairs ))
- The main event of the business travel industry - XII Annual Corporate Travel Executives Forum - will be held in Moscow on March 26. Traditionally, we will cover the most burning issues, gather over 250 industry representatives at one venue and make several surprises - with WOW effect, as usual. The business program will be divided into two parallel sessions: for experts and those who are new to the business travel industry. Forum novelties include the Mentor's parlour and the Open microphone discussion. You can follow the link to register.
- Another Annual Corporate Travel Executives Forum will be held in Saint Petersburg on August 27. The last year's forum in Trubetsky-Naryshkin Mansion was very unusual, and people warned us that it would be very difficult to repeat its success. Nevertheless, we have a couple of aces up our sleeve. Besides, we have held this Forum under the slogan “Being to St Petersburg is already an achievement” for 7 years already, and a visit to the cultural capital before the very beginning of the new business season has become a nice tradition for many participants.
- In autumn we will hold a large-scale forum for key players of the MICE industry - International MICE Geography Show Russia 2020. The audience is increasing every year - in 2019 more than 1000 participants from 108 countries and destinations visited the workshop, the conference and IMG Show gala dinner. At the Forum we will gather service providers (hotels, airlines, transfer companies, DMCs, etc.) and corporate buyers who will be able to find new partners, learn about new trends and industry novelties, get acquainted with Moscow as a corporate event destination. Besides, during the forum the second awarding ceremony Buying Business Travel Awards MICE will be held.
- The season will end with the educational session “2020 Results” where we will speak about events that affected the business travel and MICE industry and get ready for new challenges. - Of course new events may be added to the ABT-ACTE events schedule during the year. We will make Hosted Buyers groups to take them to the largest world exhibitions: IMEX Frankfurt 2020, IBTM in Barcelona, etc. We will not forget about informal meetings we like so much, and of course, take you to new hotels and venues during fam tours.
Follow all the changes in the calendar on our website in the Events section, read the ABT-ACTE Russia newsletter, come and visit us - and you will always be in the know of the latest events!